Well I decided I didn’t want to do New Years resolutions because there isn’t a bad habit I want to break or a lifestyle choice I want to bring in. But there are things I want to do next year. I want to make it bigger and better. So I thought I’d compose a list of the things I want out of next year rather than a list I have no intention to stick too.
This year has been one of my hardest. And I want to take steps to make sure that next year is so much better not only for me but the ones I love dearly.
- Once a month I want to take my daughter out of this town and do something with her. I want her to know the world is much bigger than what it seems and she has the right to see it all.
- Once a month, I want to spend a few hours with the guy I love where we aren’t parents just people. I want to spend time remembering why I love him and why we are incredible together and why I will always fight for him.
- I want to write more! I want to write more here and of my novel. I want to write at least one post a week, maybe more I don’t know. But I definitely want to share more with you guys and grow my blog.
- I want to smash my target of 1000 visitors. We smashed the 1000 views in a year so I want to get my first visitor target of 1000. Which needs more and better content.
- I want to finish my novel. It’s kind of taken a back step recently due to mental health issues but I want to get it complete in 2019.
- I want to read more books next year! Which means I need to buy more books… much to Kieran’s dismay. I want to be lost in more books and complete the 100 books to read before I die. Okay. I won’t do all 100, but I can get at least five done.
- I want to go to more concerts! I want to see more bands and artists. I’ve got a whole list of people I want to see so I probably should get a start on that.
- I want to find a job within Marketing. I want to be able to use my creativity day in and out and get paid for it. I want to be able to find a job to make daughters quality of life so much better.
- I want to take more time with my friends. I feel like this year I’ve been all about being a mum and not really taken time for myself. To see the ones I haven’t seen in ages and spend time with those that I speak to all the time.
- I want to share a positive thought each and every day to try and bring me out of this think. I want to acknowledge things I couldn’t be without and put those positive thoughts out there to help lighten the darkness.
- I want to get out of my mothers because I swear this house drives me crazy! As much as I love my family, I can’t stand the fact that I had to give up a two bed house to come back to a room.
- Mentally, I want to be in a better place next year. I want to be able to have more positive than negative thoughts. I want to live life more and not be in fear of my mind, or my anxiety. I want to be in control.
I want my life back in my hands. And I’m determined to bring myself back to a sane level. A level where I’m not constantly down or depressed. Where I’m not hiding behind a fake smile. I want to be able to get through the day without breaking down. I want to be able to feel strong again.
I may not be okay at the moment. But next year is a new year. It’s full of endless possibilities. It has so much potential. And I want to get as much out as possible. I want this year to be Luna’s best yet. And that all starts with positive thinking. I am positive that next year, things will end better than this.
Next year will be more for me. I will stand up for myself and put my family first. I’ll stay away from those that have brought me down and appreciate those that have picked me up. Next year may not be easy, but I will end it in a better place. So come on 2019. It may just be another year, but let’s try and make sure it’s a brighter one.